POSITION/TITLE: Warehouse Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
This position is responsible to supervise the performance of warehouse operations. Responsible to coach, train and monitor employees in a manner that is consistent with Reese Pharmaceutical Company’s policies and values. The supervisor is also responsible to communicate, coordinate and maintain a good working relationship between warehouses, operations, quality, and management.
Reese Pharmaceutical is a family-owned company in Cleveland, Ohio that has been in business since 1907. The company occupies two locations in Cleveland and staffs approximately 65 employees. We are on a mission to provide the highest quality service to our customers, while also maintaining the family values that have allowed us to be successful for over 100 years. Passion and commitment are the biggest keys to being successful at Reese.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Coordinates all day-to-day shipping and receiving responsibilities
- Coordinates with Production to assess and fulfill their daily operations needs
- Supervise and instruct staff with daily tasks and various inbound and outbound freight operations
- Complies with delivery schedules; accurately, timely, and efficiently processes deliveries
- Utilizes SysPro to manage accurate inventory for warehouse and production operations
- Identifies damaged and expired products. Assists quality with rejection of damaged product from suppliers and coordinates the return and reorder of them
- Works with Purchasing/Quality/Operations to reconcile any incorrect or damaged
- inbound material
- Reviews inventory levels and plan shipments daily
- Implements FIFO rotation
- Assists with bin location upkeep and the physical inventory process
- Reviews in-coming transfer sheet orders for errors and questions and assist in resolutions when appropriate. Makes sure the transfers happen in a timely and efficient manner
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of changes within warehouses
- Conducts shipping and loading audits daily ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed and that material is handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss
- Aids with the training of new associates, including cross-training of existing associates
- Ensures the warehouses are organized, clean and presentable and material is flowing through effectively.
- Communicates with Quality on incoming material from vendors including priorities for receipt
- Inventory shipping department supplies
- Performs cycle counts
- Maintains staffing levels for warehouse/shipping personnel by managing time off request.
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of the warehouse staff
- Coordinates inbound and outbound freight operations, and maintains a good working relationship with FreightWise and other freight logistic companies
- Maintains and monitors a safe work environment and ensures that all employees are trained to use all equipment properly and safely
- Other duties, as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a manufacturing / production environment.
QUALIFICATIONS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work with necessary computer programs and applications
- Delegate work appropriately
BENEFITS / COMPENSATION:
- Salary: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) / 401(k) matching
- Profit Sharing
Interested in applying for the Warehouse Supervisor position at Reese?
Use the links below to upload your resume or complete our online application form.