POSITION/TITLE: Purchasing Manager
REPORTS TO: Executive Team
The Purchasing Manager will be a key member of the Management Team. This position will oversee the sourcing and purchasing of essential items, as well as managing inventories, to meet the demands of production. They will work with the Material Planner to identify inventory levels based on market conditions, availability, lead time, and potential supply risk. This role will be responsible for negotiating annual supply contracts to guarantee supply at the lowest possible cost from reliable and responsible vendors. This role must look for strategic sourcing and have awareness of current packaging innovation, market trends, and commodity pricing.
Reese Pharmaceutical is a family-owned company in Cleveland, Ohio that has been in business since 1907. The company occupies two locations in Cleveland and staffs approximately 65 employees. We are on a mission to provide the highest quality service to our customers, while also maintaining the family values that have allowed us to be successful for over 100 years. Passion and commitment are the biggest keys to being successful at Reese.
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Responsible for proactive supplier sourcing, supplier management, quality, delivery, and cost reduction.
- Evaluate, develop, manage and maintain supplier relationships with key suppliers/vendors, including metrics, performance goals, corrective actions, and improvement initiatives.
- Work with Sales and Operations to develop forecasts for future demand and place timely orders based on vendor lead-time, market conditions, and manufacturing requirements.
- Participates in negotiation with suppliers and vendors to secure cost reduction and advantageous terms.
- Builds and maintains internal and external relationships with department heads and all vendor/suppliers.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and drive those initiatives forward.
- Work with Business Development to manage the Sourcing process for new and innovative materials for R&D, marketing, and new product development.
- Support material planning by ensuring that all new materials are in place for production, planning initial inventories and replenishment strategy.
- Generate purchase orders.
- Follow up and manage purchase orders as necessary to support production schedule and customer ship dates.
- Develop reports, processes, and KPI’s to better evaluate needs, successes, and challenges.
- Travel to vendor and supplier locations as required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 plus years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience within Pharmaceutical or Packaging industry preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
QUALIFICATIONS / OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Outstanding team building and leadership skills
- Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC program
- Familiar with ERP systems, preferably Syspro
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement
BENEFITS / COMPENSATION:
- Estimated total compensation $70K – $80K plus annual bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) / 401(k) matching
- Profit Sharing
- Limited Remote Work Possibility
Interested in applying for the Purchasing Manager position at Reese?
Use the links below to upload your resume or complete our online application form.