Title: Production Planner
Reports To: Director of Operations
The Production Planner coordinates and expedites the flow of work and materials within and/or between departments and two plants according to daily and weekly production schedules. Duties include reviewing and distributing production records and shipment schedules, conferring with department supervisors and managers to determine progress of work, completion dates and inventory levels prior to creating production documentation/records.
Specific Responsibilities – Must be able to do all:
- Create daily production documentation/records to meet production schedules and ensure on time delivery. Follow up as needed with all teams to expedite the flow of materials and documents to meet customer expectations.
- Verify inventory is available prior to creating production documentation/records by performing data analysis and decision making to support raw material supply and finished goods demand.
- Reviews and recommends production priorities.
- Provide status reports for production progress, work in process and raw material inventory.
- Interacts with shop plant management daily to resolve issues regarding efficiencies or additional information as requested from Manufacturing, Customer Service and Accounting.
- Oversee the transfer of materials between both locations.
- Monitor and order MRO materials for both facilities.
- Schedule trucks for inbound material and products, outbound products, and intra-facility material transfers.
- Assist quality as needed.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Oversee damaged material claims
- Responsible for end of lot investigations.
- Coordinate with sales team to reduce inventory of discontinued products.
- Works in close conjunction with customer service, purchasing, Warehouse Manager and production supervisors.
- Keeps customer service updated on delivery dates and unforseen changes to the production schedule.
- Coordinates and performs cycle counts.
- Works closely with QC to ensure a smooth transition between jobs.
- Can fill in as the 2nd shift supervisor (2:30pm – 11:00pm) when needed (very minimal).
- Use the expiry report to inform sales team of items that are expiring items.
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Operations.
- 5 years’ experience desired
- Excellent communication skills
- Understand ERP/MRP system and computer applications (i.e., Microsoft applications, Syspro, etc.).
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate personal time management skills.
- Good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict guidelines.